Terms and Conditions
This Web site is owned, operated, and maintained by Komatsu Industries Corp. and its affiliates and Komatsu Ltd. Entering into this or any other Komatsu Industries Web site indicates that you have reviewed this Komatsu Web Site Terms and Conditions and have agreed to be bound by them.
Komatsu Industries Corp. may change and modify the Terms and Conditions at any time, and from time to time by updating the contents of this page. You, therefore, are requested to visit this page and check the latest Terms and Conditions.
- Access And Use Of Information
- Access to any Komatsu Industries Web site is limited to viewing the linked Web pages solely to access the information provided by Komatsu Industries Corp. at its Web sites. Any access or attempt to access other areas of the Komatsu Group computer system or other information contained on the system for any purposes is strictly prohibited.
- All materials, such as documents, text, images, and software, on this Web site are protected by copyright laws and other applicable laws of each country throughout the world, and treaty provisions. Except for personal, non-commercial internal use, you are prohibited to use (including, without limitation, coping, modifying reproducing in whole or in part, uploading, transmitting, distributing, licensing, selling, and publishing) any of the materials, without obtaining Komatsu Industries's prior written permission.
- Information Collection
- Personal information, i.e. name, title, company, address, phone number, e-mail address, and other relevant data is not required to access our site. The personal information we do collect is used only to process a request for information or for marketing our products or services. We do not sell, rent or transmit personal information to other organizations.
Our web server collects the domain names, like komatsu.com, of visitors to our site. This information is aggregated to measure number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed, and other relevant statistics. This information is collected to measure site usage. Komatsu Industries's site may contain links to other non-Komatsu Group sites, however, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites.
- Communications With Komatsu Industries Corp.
- You may send to Komatsu Industries Corp. comments, questions, suggestions or ideas relating to any Komatsu Industries Web site. If you do, you agree that such information sent to Komatsu Industries Corp. is not given in confidence, that Komatsu Industries Corp. is not obligated to keep such information secret and that Komatsu Industries Corp. is not obligated to respond. Komatsu Industries Corp. shall be free to use the information you send to Komatsu Industries Corp. in any manner, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, and marketing products based on such information. Komatsu Industries Corp. may also reproduce, disclose and distribute the information in your communication to others without limitation. All remarks, suggestions, ideas, or other information communicated to Komatsu Industries Corp. through the site will be the sole and exclusive property of Komatsu Insutries Corp. and Komatsu Industries Corp. shall not be obligated to compensate in any form, the person sending such information.
- Hypertext Links
- Any links to third parties are solely provided as a convenience to the users of Komatsu Industries Web sites. Komatsu Industries Corp. makes no warranty or representation, express or implied, as to such third party sites and shall have no liability connection with the use of such sites. If you use any link site, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements.
- Disclaimers And Limitation OF Liability
- All information provided on Komatsu Industries Web sites are subject to change without notice, including the availability of products and services. While efforts have been made to make Komatsu Industries Web sites helpful and accurate, due to the open nature of sites, and the potential for errors in the storage and transmission of digital information, Komatsu Industries Corp. does not warrant the accuracy of information obtained from any Komatsu Industries Web site. All materials posted on this site, including software available for download, are presented as is and without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Komatsu Industries Corp. does not warrant that functions contained on this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server is free of viruses or other harmful components. Komatsu Industries Corp. does not warrant or represent the use of the materials on this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
In no event shall Komatsu Industries Corp. or any of its affiliates, or the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, be liable for any damages of any kind, including without limitation, any direct, special, incidental, indirect, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of, or your browsing in, or your links to, the sites from the Komatsu Industries sites.
- Applicable Laws
- This Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan unless otherwise expressly provided. All controversies and disputes arising out of or relating to this Terms and Conditions shall be submitted to the Tokyo District Court in Tokyo, Japan as the Court of first instance.